Ginger Beet Soup
This gf, vegan beautiful Ginger Beet Soup just screams SPRING! The color and the bright, fresh flavors just come alive in the most fabulous soup melody!
● 1 large or 2 small beets. You’re using all of it! Greens, stalks, and root.
● 1 white onion, diced
● 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
● 2 cloves garlic, minced
● 2” piece of ginger root, peeled and minced
● 2 quarts organic vegetable broth (one quart is 32 oz)
● 2 cups cooked brown rice
● 2 tbsp olive oil
● 1 tbsp sage (optional, but so good! Fresh or dried is OK)
● Salt and pepper
Cut beet root from stalks, and stalks from the greens. Set greens aside.
Rinse the stalks. Rinse and peel the root. Cut both into 3⁄4” pieces.
Place in stock pot with olive oil over medium-low heat.
Dice onions, carrots, ginger and garlic and place in stockpot. Cook until soft.
Once vegetables are soft, add vegetable stock.
Bring to a boil and leave for 5 minutes.
Reduce to a simmer and add rice.
While soup is simmering, rinse and chop beet greens.
Add beet greens and sage, let simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with sesame seeds, parsley and more zested ginger, if you want to be fancy.